Introduction to the Darkroom
The Photo Parlour darkroom induction is a 3 hour introduction/refresher in black and white film developing and printing for people wishing to take on a Photo Parlour membership.
During the workshop we will:
- Go through the ins and outs of developing your black and white film by hand, using our excellent facilities.
- Safely dry and store your film in negative wallets (provided by us).
- Run through all the facilities available to you in our darkroom and discuss the features and different qualities of each of our enlargers.
- Create a contact sheet from your negatives in the darkroom.
- Choose two images to print from your negatives.
- Run thought all aspects of health and safety and etiquette in the darkroom.
By the end of the session you will be able to confidently use the darkroom and film developing facilities and have your developed film, a contact sheet and a print to take home with you. All you need to bring with you is one exposed roll of black and white film (either 35mm or medium format). You are welcome to bring more to process with you but will be charged £3.50 per extra roll.
This workshop costs £50.00 and includes your first months membership.
The next dates for this workshop are...
Wednesday 5th April 4:00 - 7:00
Saturday 22nd April 12:00 - 3:00
The Introduction to the Darkroom workshop can also be taught on a one-to-one basis or in small groups and can be arranged at a convenient time during our opening hours.
Please contact us for more details or to book a workshop.