Introduction to Black and White Photography
The introduction to Black and White Photography is a two day all encompassing workshop designed for those who have never used, or want to reconnect with their film camera and the darkroom.
This workshop is designed to change your perspective on photography and give you the tools to make better pictures in the future.
During the first day of this workshop we will:
- Discuss different types of film camera and their uses, including SLR's, rangefinders, twin lens reflex and everything in between.
- Discuss the qualities of 35mm, medium and large format (5x4) film types.
- Gain a better understanding of light metering, shutter speed, aperture and film speed.
- Expose your roll of film on a photo walk and practice the new skills with Dans support.
- Go through the ins and outs of processing your black and white film by hand using our excellent facilities.
- Safely dry and store your film in negative wallets provided by us.
- Create a contact sheet from your negatives in the darkroom.
During the second day of this workshop we will:
- Learn about the facilities in our darkroom including photographic enlargers and wet process printing.
- Learn about exposure and tonality in printing.
- Learn how to control contrast with the multigrade system and colour filtration.
- Wash and dry your prints properly
You will leave the workshop with your developed film, a contact sheet, hand made prints and a bunch of new friends too!
Tickets for this workshop are £150 each and are limited to 5 spaces.
Our next Introduction to Film Photography workshops are the Saturday the 10th and sunday the 11th of February.
One-To-One teaching is also avaliable on request
You can also book this workshop as a lovely hand made voucher as a gift, just let us know!
To book or for more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org