Black and White Film Photography Workshop
The Black and White Photography Workshop is an all encompassing workshop designed for those who have never used, or want to reconnect with their film camera and the darkroom.
This workshop is designed to change your perspective on photography and give you the tools to make better pictures in the future.
During this workshop we will:
- Discuss different types of film camera and their uses, including SLR's, rangefinders, twin lens reflex and everything in between.
- Discuss the qualities of 35mm, medium and large format (5x4) film types.
- Gain a better understanding of light metering, shutter speed, aperture and film speed.
- Expose your roll of film on a photo walk and practice the new skills with Dans support.
- Go through the ins and outs of processing your black and white film by hand using our excellent facilities.
- Safely dry and store your film in negative wallets provided by us.
- Learn about the facilities in the darkroom including photographic enlargers and wet process printing.
- Learn about exposure and tonality in printing.
- Learn how to control contrast with the multigrade system and colour filtration.
- Wash and dry your prints properly
You will leave the workshop with your developed film, some hand made prints, a bunch of new friends AND the confidence and knowledge to make work independently using your camera and in the darkroom.
Tickets for this workshop are £100 each and are limited to 5 spaces.
THE NEXT WORKSHOP IS ON SATURDAY JUNE 29th 8:30-4:30 - CLICK HERE TO BOOK
One-To-One teaching is also avaliable on request
You can also book this workshop as a lovely hand made voucher as a gift, just let us know!
To book or for more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org